Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 27th - Prep Day!

My only important assignment of the day was to get everything ready for tomorrow - well, all the food anyway.  I did a little at a time and ended up spending a good bit of the day.  In between, I was doing other things and working on family history - big surprise!  Ha.

So, now everything is ready to put in the oven or in the crockpot or on the stove or on the table at the appropriate time.  Let's see:  turkey is in the roaster, just needing to be stuffed; stuffing is all ready, just waiting to go in the turkey (I don't like to leave the stuffing in the turkey overnight - just doesn't seem like a good idea); potatoes are peeled and soaking in a bowl of water; cranberry relish is all made (and does it ever taste good!); green beans are snapped and ready for the crockpot; baby spinach leaves are washed and ready to be cooked; black eyed peas are rinsed and ready to cook; cucumbers and onions are sliced and in the vinegar.  All I have left to do is put the frozen rolls out to thaw in the morning and to put the relish tray together.  Everything else is on Lisa's list.  She posted pictures of the pies she made, so we will be having some terrific dessert!

It has been a good day, just puttering along doing a little at a time.  It doesn't seem much like work that way.  I got quite a lot done at the computer, too, as I sent out some overdue emails that needed to go, worked on my project for my class Sunday, and did a few other things.

I was pretty tired this afternoon, but didn't want to nap, so I just rested and watched a couple of episodes of Monarchy.  I am really good at being lazy!

So, my prep day is finished and it looks like I actually got my prep all done!  Now, that is something to be thankful for. 

No comments: