Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 19th - Some Visiting Teaching

I still have the headache - sinus stuff again - but I did all the routine stuff around the house and on the computer.  I checked again for the airline prices to Cedar Rapids that I had found yesterday, and they were still valid, so I called Dad to see how he would feel about my coming up for the week of his birthday.  I think he liked the idea, although he never shows a great deal of excitement.  I went ahead and bought the tickets, so now I am committed to going up there.  I am hoping to get to see Billy on Friday evening. 

I think I have my Sunday lesson pretty much together.  We will be into FamilySearch a lot this week.  Hopefully, they will all get the pedigree charts mastered and maybe even the person page.  We will see how it goes.  In the early afternoon, I gave up and took a long nap, over an hour, and woke up feeling better.

Late this afternoon, I met the RS president at the home of one of the sisters I visit, the one I have trouble getting to respond when I try to set up visits.  So, we just dropped in!  Not my favorite way of visiting, but sometimes it is the only way.  We brought her some hats and mittens for her pre-K class.  We had a great visit.  We have been friends for a long time and she is just going through some difficulties, including not coming to church in the last few months.  Here is hoping that they decide to start coming again. 

I hurried from there to a stake meeting for Family History Consultants.  I was a few minutes late, but they hadn't started yet, so I didn't miss anything.  The best thing is connecting with some of the other consultants.  We will be taking over the staffing of the Family History Center in December and my biggest concern is knowing who to ask to cover for me when I am out of town!  Especially, considering that I will be gone a week in December. 

Even though my day started kind of rough, it ended up being a good and productive day.  


No comments: