Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11th - Veterans' Day

I had a stay-at-home-all-day-long kind of a day again.  That means I enjoyed it!  Besides the routine stuff, I spent most of my day on family history.  I have a lot of planning to do for each Sunday lesson since the manual is obsolete and provides very little help.  So, I was working on ideas for that a lot.

I posted a picture of my grandfather on Facebook of when he was a soldier in WWI.  I also shared the story of how his unit was sent to the front during the Battle of Argonne Forest, but he had Spanish flue and was too sick to go.  None of them returned.  Although millions died from the Spanish flu during that period, my grandfather's life was probably saved by it.

The rest of my day I was doing some research on a couple of people that I want to use as examples in my class.  I need to make sure everything is current and correct before I start pulling out examples!  I must say that having this calling may be a mixed blessing - I am loving it, but it is my excuse to not do anything else!

I did actually cook some dinner tonight, although it took all of five minutes.  (Baked potatoes, with chili, cheese, and onions and some cantaloup.)  Poor Bill - but he usually manages to find something to eat that is good for him and that he likes.  I do keep things stocked for him. 

Another uneventful - but good day!

No comments: