Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 20th - Genealogy Study Group

I picked up my friend this morning, so we could go to the county Genealogy Study Group together.  They are holding it at the church building in Lawrenceville, but it is not a church group.  Anyway, when we got to the building, there was a group waiting to get in, but the door was still locked.  Fortunately, I have access to the lock box, so I was able to open the door and we went about getting tables and chairs set up.  My friend finally tried calling the stake director, only to find out she had thought it was another day.  She hurried down to get into the closets that I do not have access to for equipment. 

The meeting turned out pretty good.  It is a new group and they are still trying to get things working smoothly.  Hopefully, the building will not be a problem next time!  I had to stay to lock up since the stake director had sick children and was on the way to the doctor.  They hold a steering committee meeting after the regular meeting to make their future plans and I sat in on that.  I told the stake director that I would be willing to be the representative for the church and we will figure out the access to the equipment before the next meeting.  I rather enjoyed being in that meeting, as I had some input, although I sure couldn't move them along very well.  There are a few big talkers!

From there, I took my friend to lunch.  I am her visiting teacher and we usually go out for our visits, since her husband is at home and she enjoys the getting away.  We sat for the next couple of hours at Steak n Shake and had a great visit.

By the time I got home, the day was pretty much gone.  I did a few things at home, including some computer stuff.  This evening, the bishopric meeting was held at our house since the chapel was closed to refinish the wood floor in the gym.  I spent a little more time on the computer, mostly looking over the fifth Sunday lesson that I will present in December about Family History.  Then it was off to bed, rather early actually!

PS - not sure what I did, but this didn't post.  Better late than never, I guess!

No comments: