Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18th - Manic Monday!

This was just "one of those days" when I didn't feel like doing much of value.  I did a few necessary things, like straightening up the house (all the toys from Saturday were still out, expecting the kids to come Sunday) and a little kitchen stuff.  Otherwise, I pretty much lounged around the computer.  I started planning my lesson for Sunday.  I like not having a set lesson to follow, but it does mean that I have to spend a good bit more time in the planning.  I also just wasted some time, playing games.  Just one of those days where I didn't feel like doing much - could be the bad headache had a part in that.

Anyway, I did make an apple crunch for Empty Nesters this evening, so it wasn't a total waste.  Since I didn't feel like going out, I used the freeze dried apples and I got a lot of compliments this evening.  We all went to the assisted living facility where one of the couples in the ward are now living.  She broke a hip and then her back and has had a very slow recovery, which is why they moved into assisted living.  She is still hoping that they will be able to move back to their house, but I am not sure that will happen.  We did have a great time, though.  One of the couples does storytelling, so they did a couple of Christmas stories.  Then, Brother Stu (that's who we were visiting) started telling his stories and we had a great time, laughing and totally enjoying ourselves.  We didn't stay long, though, as bedtime is pretty early for them.  So, we moved to another house for refreshments and spent the next hour or so talking and eating and having a great time.  This is a wonderful group of friends and we enjoy our monthly Family Home Evening together.

It is always nice when a drab day ends on a good note.  And that is what happened today!

No comments: