Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 13th - Major Library Check Out!

Today was pretty much a repeat of my usual lazy days.  Mostly I worked on family history.  I got Sunday's lesson all finalized and everything set to go.  I did some straightening on my desk, too, but it didn't seem to help much.  I am absolutely paranoid about some things  (don't you dare get one of my pots or pans out of place!), but my desk gets to be such a mess.  I have too many piles of things.

Other than the rest of the usual routine, I did make a trip to the library.  My roomies and I had had a discussion about books and, of course, I had to reserve every book they suggested.  I had also requested books from a couple of blogs I follow, as well as from some suggestions on Pinterest, and a few other sources.  And, of course, they all come in at once.  I knew I would get a lot at once, but it turned out to be a bit more than I had planned on!  I had gotten emails saying that there were seven ready to pick up, but when I got to the library, there were nine.  I guess a couple had just come in.  Then, the librarian who was putting the newest books to arrive on the reserved shelf said she had one more for me.  I ended up with a total of 10 - well, nine books and one CD.  That was just a bit more than I had expected!  The first thing I did when I got home wass renew the books, so now I know which ones I have to read first, since someone else is waiting for the book.  It turns out it will be no problem.  Actually, I am always excited to read the books that I have reserved, because they are always recommended by someone and are usually really good books.  I can see that I have a great few weeks coming up, at least on the reading front!

So, other than my library adventure, this has been another pretty boring day.  I never got bored, though.  I was busy all day.  Well, except for the 10 minute nap I got in before the doorbell rang for a package delivery.

No comments: