Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aug 2nd - Night at the Ball Field

This turned out to be a rather busy day.  This morning, it was the usual routine.  I had to make sure the house was in good shape since company will be by this afternoon.  I spent the rest of my morning working on the weekly RS email, which I got out, and on the lesson I have to teach Sunday.

Then in the early afternoon, I picked up one of the sisters I visit teach and we went to visit with my VT companion, who can't go out with me due to health problems.  The two of them had never met in person, so it was a chance for them to get to know each other personally.  They exchange emails, but it is always nice to know who your visiting teacher actually is!  We had a good visit.

Then back home, I had a few more things to finish up before Greg and family arrived.  Bill went out and bought some pizzas and drink so we could have a little dinner before we all went to the Gwinnett Braves baseball game.  We had a friend whose company was a sponsor for the evening give us free tickets.  Lisa and family made it over just a bit later.  After eating and relaxing just a bit, we headed over to the ball park.  Julie and family and Jen and Jonathan all met us at the ballpark, as they couldn't make it quite early enough.  We ended up with 17 family members there to watch the game.  It was a lot of fun.  Amazingly, Ashby and Brooks made it through the whole game, so they got to enjoy the great fireworks display along with the rest of us. 

I am not the least bit interested in the baseball, but having an outing with the family was a ton of fun! 

No comments: