Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Aug. 20th - Day 2 - Iowa Trip - Time with Dad

I got to Dad's by 11:30 and we spent the rest of the day together.  Of course, that is pretty low key stuff.  We went out to lunch.  Hung out at the airport office (which is where I can get wi-fi), hung out in his house watching TV, hung out at by brother's Garage Mahal, and ended the day back at his place watching Gone With the Wind.

He seems to be about the same, which means he is doing pretty darn good for an 85 year old!  I will be popping in and out of here a couple of times over the next two weeks.  If I stay too long at one time, he starts to get worried that I will be bored. 

The weather is beautiful here - mid-80's and plenty of sun.  It is very nice after our terribly rainy summer in Atlanta.  Of course, up here it is becoming a problem, as they need some rain desperately.  It doesn't look like they will be getting much, if any, over the next couple of weeks.  I will just enjoy it while I can!

No comments: