Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Aug 26th - Day 8 - Iowa Trip - Heading to Emmetsburg

Got up and on the road this morning - heading to Emmetsburg, in northwest Iowa.  I made it to my Aunt Patty's by about 11:15.  She had made arrangements for us to meet my Uncle John at the cafe in Lone Rock for lunch.  They are the only two siblings of mother who are still living.

Patty is only seven years older than I am and she has always been a special aunt to me.  We had a great day - lots of talking and catching up.  Then we had a good lunch with my uncle and his wife.  She and their son run the cafe, so she was working a good bit of the time.  We got caught up with John and his family and enjoyed visiting for a couple of hours.

Then back to Patty's to pick up her granddaughter from school.  She had a couple of her sons and family come over for dinner, which was really fun. 

Another fun day!

No comments: