Monday, August 12, 2013

Aug 11th - Another Great Sabbath Day

Today was a Sunday almost like every other Sunday - in other words, just the way it ought to be! 

I attended church meetings this morning.  After teaching RS for the last two Sundays, it was nice to just conduct and then get to enjoy the lesson.  After church, I came home, picked up one of the baskets for the graduating young women, and went by the home of one of the girls.  I have been unable to connect with all of them, and this one is leaving on Tuesday, so I was down to the wire!  I had a nice visit with her and her parents.  She will be heading out to Utah State this week.

Back home again, I got dinner going.  I cooked a whole chicken in the Pantry Chef stone baker in the microwave, so it only took an hour to cook.  I seasoned it with some barbecue sauce that I had purchased a while ago - something a little different.  It was really good.  I added some boiled red potatoes, fresh black-eyed peas, brussels sprouts, watermelon, and blueberry muffins.  Everyone really liked it.  The big surprise was that Brooks loved the peas and ate two helpings.  Needless to say, Grandpa was very pleased!

The rest of the afternoon was just spent relaxing, kids playing, David sleeping on the floor, etc.  What a great day!  They had to leave by about 6:45 or so, since Brooks has suddenly decided that he doesn't need to nap.  No nap means a much earlier bedtime!

Bill had a priesthood meeting in the evening, so I had a little computer time and then was able to curl up in bed with a book.

I love my Sundays!

No comments: