Monday, January 7, 2013

January 6th - First Sunday of the New Year!

We have switched to the morning meeting schedule and I am happy about that.  I prefer going to church in the morning and having my afternoon at home.  However, it will probably take me a couple of weeks to get my new routine running smoothly!

I got home from church about 12:30 and then started getting dinner ready.  We had meat loaf, baked potatoes, peas, left over black eyed peas, and some rolls.  The kids got here about 2:45 and we finished up the dinner stuff.  Bill actually made it home before they got here, so it was nice to have him able to sit down and be there for the blessing.  It has been a long time since he usually didn't get home until 5:30 or later, when we were nearly finished eating.

Having most of the afternoon was relaxing.  Brooks wouldn't nap, but he sure had fun playing.  Ashby had a bit of a grumpy moment, unusual for her, but she seemed to get over it and had fun playing, too.  Later in the afternoon, she wanted to go out and play in the playhouse, so she and Brooks got all bundled up and played outside for quite a long while.  We let Grandpa and Daddy handle the outdoor duty and Lisa and I just enjoyed the few moments of quiet!

Once they left, we were both tired, so had just a quiet evening.  I do like Sundays, and I like the morning schedule even more!

No comments: