Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 5th - Funeral

I attended the funeral this afternoon of a woman who was struck by a hit-and-run driver.  Her daughter was once my son's girlfriend.  We have not kept in touch, but she did let me know about her mother.  She was very happy to see me when I arrived and hugged me over and over.  She and Billy were together for about 10 years, so there was a long history with her.  Her own family was somewhat dysfunctional and she looks to the times with us as some of the happiest times in her life.  I was glad I attended.  The service was a celebration of life and was well done.

In the evening, we went over to babysit the kids.  Lisa had gotten some really inexpensive tickets to the hockey game and she and David had a date night.  She was really excited about the game when she got home - especially because there were lots of fights!  I still can't figure out where that love of hockey fights has come from!!!

We had a great time with the kids.  They are so excited when we are there and they keep us playing every minute.  When it was time for bed, they both went down without any trouble at all.  They are both so cute and so fun! 

No comments: