Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21st - Whew! Busy Day!

Boy, this week has started with a bang and I think it is going to stay pretty much that way.  I am getting to old for busy!!

This morning started as usual, with straightening, computer stuff, etc.  Bill just had an estimate, so he got home later in the morning.  A Costco trip was on my to-do list, so this seemed like a perfect time.  I don't like to shop, so I do it big when I go.  I particularly needed to stock up on meat again, as the freezer was getting pretty low.  There were also some storage things that needed to be replaced.  Bottom line, we walked out of there after spending over $500.  That was actually pretty good, considering how much we got, but still......

The down side of going with Bill is that we usually buy things we don't need.  The up side is that he was pretty good today.  Other than some candy, I don't think he added anything.  I was a little worried, as I kept losing him in the store.  I just kept shopping and soon enough he would reappear.  The other up side is that he is there to empty the trunk and carry all that stuff into the house.  The other down side of a Costco trip is that all that stuff has to be put away - and some of it needs to be done right away.  I straightened out the freezer, prepared all the meat and got that put away.  I then had to do a little rearranging in the panty to get all the new boxes in.  A few things were just left sitting out when I finally had to take a break!

I had some lunch, by then it was 2:00 and I was hungry!  I worked on some family history for a while.  Then I was getting way tired, so I went to read and rest for a while.  When I got up - after reading only and never going to sleep - I finished putting away the food.  All except one item - I have to put the rice into storage containers and I will do that tomorrow!

This evening we had Empty Nesters, so we went to that.  As usual, we had a great time.  We always do pot luck refreshments and as always, there were some very good things.  We also love to talk, so it isn't hard to keep things lively.  We even manage to cover some spiritual things in all that talking.  It was a very nice evening.

As I am thinking back, I realize that it hasn't been the kind of busy day I used to have with the children around, but at this point in my life, it was busy!   

No comments: