Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 29th - Surprise Afternoon with Kids!

I started the day with water aerobics, came home and showered, got a bite to eat, and was starting in reading my email, etc, when Lisa called.  She also has strep and has been pretty sick since Sunday.  She is on antibiotic and is starting to feel a little better.  After talking to Ashby for a while, Lisa suggested they all come over for a while this afternoon.  It would give the kids a change and she could still rest.  Needless to say, I wholeheartedly agreed!

It was pretty much a normal play time with them.  Brooks took a nap, as did Lisa.  Ashby and I spent a lot of the time reading books.  She read some of them, I read some of them, and some she just wanted to look at.  I think we got through 7 or 8 books, at least.  I am amazed at how well she is reading - and only 4 years old!

When Brooks got up, things got a little more energetic, but it was a lot of fun.  Bill got home early from work and he was on the floor playing with them, too.  Ashby and I also filled the bird feeder and made a cake.  They ended up staying long enough that they had some mac and cheese for dinner, before heading home. 

What a great day!

No comments: