Monday, June 9, 2014

June 8th - Sunday, Again!

I seem to struggle with what to say on my Sunday posts - they are all so much the same.  All good, of course, but not much new and exciting to talk about.  Ditto, today.

The morning was spent getting dinner cooking - pork roast, new potatoes and onion in crockpot and fresh green beans simmering on the stove.  I also cut up the cucumbers and onions to start soaking up the vinegar - yummy.  I even snitched a few slices for my breakfast.  The rest of my morning was spent on family history and some other things at the computer.

Church meetings were good.  I finished my last formal family history lesson, which is on how to submit names to the temple.  We have three more weeks in the month, before I leave for vacation, so I asked if they wanted to continue; and, if so, what they wanted to talk about.  They all agreed that they would like more time on finding documents so they could extend their family trees.  Sounds like a plan to me!

We had not expected the kids for dinner, but as we rounded the corner, we saw the car was already in the driveway.  That is always a nice surprise!  David is in New York City with his mom, sister, and nephew, so Lisa and the kids just came straight over.  Of course, there was plenty of food, so we enjoyed our dinner together.  I got a kick out of Ashby being so grown up at dinner.  She needed her own table knife, so she could cut up her own potatoes so she could put gravy on them.  She had a big plate of food and ate everything.  I guess she was either very hungry or loved dinner.  Brooks, on the other hand, ate pretty well, but could hardly wait to start running around!

They both had the best time playing with Grandpa.  They usually get a little rough-housing type play with their dad in the evenings, but he is out of town.  They were so ready to play and run and laugh with Grandpa.  They ended up playing hide-and-seek and were so funny.  They were both looking for Grandpa and would get scared when they found him and he jumped out at him.  The funniest was when they had been looking forever and just couldn't figure out where he was.  We asked if they had checked behind the shower curtain in the bathroom.  They went running back and then we heard them each trying to convince the other to open the curtain - they were both scared!  It was so cute.

After they left, I baked a pineapple angel cake, one of the latest rages - angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple.  It was so good!  Bill loved it so much that I think between us we ate half the cake!

So, another Sunday, not much different than every other one, but still the best day of the week!

No comments: