Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Judy 9th - Monday with the Grandkids!

Bill took off for his job this morning and since it is so far away, he will probably stay over for at least one, maybe two nights, depending on how things go.  That means I am again home alone for a couple of days.

Lisa and the kids took care of that problem today, though.  They had swimming lessons this morning and then came straight over here afterwards.  They had brought their lunch with them, so were ready to play.  Lisa had some errands she wanted to run, so she took off and the kids and I stayed here.  They were both really good.

Brooks was supposed to try to take a nap, so he happily went into bed and I thought he was going to sleep when I heard the "Grandma!" yell.  He had been quiet for half an hour, but then announced that he wasn't "ready" yet.  Since there is no point in fighting naps, he got up and they both played together.  Eventually, he took the mighty machines out to the dirt and played in the backyard for a long time. Ashby meanwhile was busy entertaining herself.

It was a fun couple of hours with them here.  But, when Lisa got back, they had to take off.  I spent the rest of my alone time working on family history.  I am still trying to get the family of my confederate soldier figured out.  I spent most of the day trying to figure out one of his sons and whether he was married once or twice and whether both of his wives were named Georgia or Georgianna or what.  It is getting closer to being solved, but not completely there yet.

I didn't get any of my usual Monday routine done - but there is always tomorrow!  My day was a good one just the way it was.

No comments: