Monday, June 16, 2014

June 15th - Happy Father's Day!

This has been a good father's day and a good Sunday.  I talked to my dad on the phone this morning.  He sounded good.  I got a kick out of him saying that when he turned 90 (he is now 86), he was going to jump out of an airplane, just like President Bush.  Then this evening, Billy called and talked to Bill for a long time and I spoke to him for a few minutes, too.  He seems to be doing well - busy with work and classes.

In between, we had our regular meetings which were all good.  The kids were already here when we got home from church.  In fact, Lisa had everything ready for dinner.  I had left a list with the menu so I can get things together quickly when I get home, but she had done everything.  All that was waiting was to actually grill the veggies and the steaks.  She did that, too, and the steaks were perfect - nice and rare! 

We then had a fun couple of hours before they had to head home.  The kids played out on the playset and we pulled the lawn chairs up close.  It was a lot of fun. 

After they had left, the sister missionaries stopped by for a visit and we enjoyed a little time with them.

By the time they left and Billy had called, we were pretty much done for the day.  I was ready to climb into bed to read my scriptures and then to lose myself in my book.  It has been a very good day.

No comments: