Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 6th - Home Alone!

With Bill off with the priests at camp, it was a very quiet day today.  I was up about 6:30, as usual, had my sheets stripped and in the washer, dressed, house straightened, breakfast, routine stuff, and computer stuff all finished before 8:00.  That pretty much gave me all day to have fun!

Guess what I did!  Yes, indeed.  Family History.  I felt like working on something different today, so I randomly picked someone in the Cantrell tree and started working.  It turned out to be a great choice.  He had been a confederate soldier in the Civil War, was wounded by a gun shot that fractured the bone in his left leg at Perryville, KY, was taken prisoner, and exchanged so he ended up at the US hospital in St. Louis, where he died.  He is buried at the Barracks National Cemetery there, in a confederate soldier section.  I ran across copies of his military file that someone had posted on Ancestry.com.  Needless to say, I was totally absorbed.  I have a little list of questions to answer tomorrow - maybe I will spend all day working on him again!

Well, I just had a great day!

No comments: