Thursday, March 13, 2014

May 12th - Wednesday - So Family History Day, Of Course

I worked at the family history center this morning, as usual for Wednesdays.  My friend wasn't able to go with me today, but my co-worker was there.  We were both just settling down to work on our own when a delightful woman arrived.  She had come last week, too, and we had more fun helping her out.  She is 80 years old and putting together a book for her granddaughter.  She had come with a list of about three things she was looking for and ended up staying the whole time and finding a ton of other things.  Lots of fun - for her and us.

When I got back home, I had some more of the usual routine to finish.  Then I spent some time on my presentation for the fireside and on some other family history stuff.  I couldn't get by without a nap again, but it wasn't so long.  I keep thinking that I am going to get adjusted to the time change, but I am beginning to wonder how long it is going to take.

I was lazy with dinner tonight - just grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup - but fortunately I got it done before our power went out.  We went through two ice storms and never had a flicker.  Today we had rather substantial winds and a tree came down over some wires a couple of miles from us.  It was out a couple of hours, too.  In fact, it was starting to get rather dark and I had all the emergency candles lit when it finally came back on.  I think the wind may have also finished off my table umbrella.  It has been on its last leg for a while and the wind caught it and blew it across the yard.  That probably means I will finally get a new one!

So much for the adventures of my day! 

No comments: