Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17th - Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Yes, it is Paddy, not Patty.  The Irish have very strong feelings about that.  My DNA results show I am 15% Irish - not a surprise, of course.  I already knew that my great-grandmother's family was Irish.  Even so, it seems more "official" now!

And how did I celebrate?  Well, first we took the car in to the garage to get the leak fixed.  It will tomorrow before we get it back and after we shell out something around $400.  Of course, it isn't a cheap hose - it has to be the metal hose or whatever that hooks up to several different places.  I don't really know - just that it wasn't the cheapest way out!

The rest of the day I was stuck at home.  It didn't matter all that much, though, since this last bad weather has moved in and my sinus headache and sore throat have returned with a vengeance.  I got a few things done around the house before I just gave up and went to bed for a few hours.  I finished another book, Stella Bain by Anita Shreve, which was pretty good.  It is interesting that I have been immersed in WWI as I have been working on my grandfather's story.  This book is set in WWI era, so I caught many of the details that I probably would have just skimmed over.  Even stranger, I picked up the next book that I need to read (based on when they have to get back to the library) and it is also set with a WWI background. 

Since I felt so lousy, we didn't go to Empty Nesters this evening.  I just didn't think I could sit there all evening and pretend to be nice.  I know we missed a fun evening, though.  Personally, I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner (I honestly don't remember the last time I did that - it has really been years and years) and just collapsed back in bed with the new book.

Tomorrow will be better!

No comments: