Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 19th - Thank Goodness for Good Friends!

I am still carless today, but I had a meeting that I needed to attend.  I usually pick up a friend and we attend this genealogy study group together.  She is on the way and it is easy to do.  Today, she came and picked me up.  For her, it meant backtracking quite a ways, but she was willing and I so appreciated it.  What would we do without friends?

The meeting was good, too.  I had to give a book review, which went well.  The other presentations were good, too.  This is the community group that meets at the church each month.  It is beginning to function better.  It was just started last summer, so there have been some pains getting things up and running smoothly, but it seems to be happening finally.  I am on the steering committee, so stay after a short time to help plan future meetings.  We have tentative plans up through June. 

We stopped and got lunch on our way home, and then I spent the rest of the day at home.  Bill got home not long after I did, but he is still fighting that cold, so he pretty much slept the afternoon away.  I, on the other hand, worked on family history.  Among other things, I finished up my grandfather's WWI story, although when I reread it one final time, I decided on a few more changes.  They are minor, but I think it will make the story flow better.  You would think I am publishing something!  Well, actually, it will be attached to everything so I guess that is a kind of publishing.  I will also send it to my cousins and I don't want them to think I can't write!

When I first got home, I put some leftover pork roast in the crock pot, along with all sorts of veggies - potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers, zucchini, cabbage, maybe something else I don't remember - then seasoned it with good old Tony's.  It was really good - Bill sure liked it.

No comments: