Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 4th - Unexpected Ashby Day!

I was busily working on my "long as always" to-do list when Lisa called and said she had coupons for free kids meals at Chili's.  We go there on occasion, as the kids love their mac & cheese and both kids get their meals free.  So we made plans to meet up there about noon.

We had a great lunch, then Ashby came home with me.  Lisa had another errand to run and then planned to go home for Brooks to nap and would come pick Ashby up later.  That means Ashby and I had the afternoon.  We were surprised that Grandpa was home when we got back, so she also had Grandpa to play with!  We had a lot of fun, doing most of the usual things.

When he had finished some other things, Bill went out to pull some weeks in the flower beds and Ashby went out with him.  She was so funny - she took the magnifying glass out with her so she could look for bugs.  While they were out there, Chad from next door came out to play with his boys.  Ashby always wants to know if Ethan can come play, so she was really excited.  They then played together for the next couple of hours - in the playhouse, hide-and-seek, just running.  We finally had everyone come in, since it was getting cold, and they played inside for a while, mostly with the Barbie car.  She had so much fun.

Brooks chose today to take an extremely long nap, so by the time Lisa was able to come over, it was getting close to dinner.  She picked up a rotisserie chicken and I fixed some rice and corn, so we could all eat together.  David was working late, so I guess he got to eat whatever he could find when he got home!

It was a great day.  I didn't get done all the things I had planned - I managed to get three loads of laundry done, and some work on my RS email, but not much else.  Even so, I wouldn't trade a day like today for anything!




No comments: