Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 13th - A Productive Day!

I didn't work any harder than yesterday, but it just felt like I accomplished more.  Funny how that works sometimes.

I had the cleaning lady coming at 10:00 - the 2nd of my three house cleanings for $100 Groupon.  I had things already pretty much straightened up, but I did another walk through to make sure everything was in perfect order.  I don't want her using any of her cleaning time having to move my clutter around.  I want every minute of the 2 hours for cleaning!  She managed to get the whole house cleaned in the two hours.  I especially enjoy the bathrooms and kitchen being really scrubbed clean.  I have gotten so I just hate doing the cleaning.  (So I am thinking - I don't cook anymore and now I don't clean anymore - just what is it that I do? HA!)

While she was working, I was at the computer doing various things from my to-do list.  I had several emails that needed to go out to various individuals.  I also went through my CVS sales flyer and my coupons to plan a shopping trip to CVS.  I cleaned the desk off, so it could get dusted when the cleaning lady arrived in the office.  I also had a couple of loads of laundry that I was working on, too.  Needless to say, I kept plenty busy!

During that time, Lisa called and wanted to know if we wanted to meet for lunch.  She had received a coupon for a free birthday meal at Genghis Grill and was anxious to use it.  So after the cleaning was finished, we met up at 12:30 for lunch.  It was fun.  Brooks was on hyper-drive for some reason and couldn't keep still.  It was kind of funny.  He was good - just wanted to be in constant motion.

After lunch, I headed to the CVS to do some shopping.  I bought quite a lot of things - all on sale.  I had over $18 in coupons with the final total coming to $84.00.  That was a savings of over $65.00 plus I got back $18 in Extra Bucks to spend on my next visit.  I paid for it with gift cards that I bought through My Points online.  Plus CVS sends 2% back as a bonus.  All in all, I was quite pleased.  I am not a super couponer (I think it is too much work), but I do like my CVS savings.

When I got home, I put things away, walked around enjoying a clean house, did some more work on the computer, finished folding the last of the laundry, etc.  I managed to cross off about half of today's to-do list, but never even got to the permanent to-do list! 

I finished the book I have been reading the last couple of days.  It was a really good one - Defending Jacob.  And that was my day!

No comments: