Friday, March 29, 2013

March 28th - Poor Sick Ashby!

I went to water aerobics this morning and had gotten home, showered, etc., and was making plans to run some errands.  Fortunately, I was still at the computer finishing up some things there, when Lisa called.  Ashby had developed a bad earache during the morning and needed to go to the doctor.  Of course, the only appointments were right during Brooks' nap time, plus she had to come to the Lawrenceville office to see the only doctor she sees.  Long story, short version:  they came by and left Brooks with me.

She had picked up lunch for him, so when he finished eating and played a little while, he was ready to nap.  During that time, I worked on some family history - still trying to get that problem list done.  When Lisa and Ashby got back, she had to run out again to get the prescriptions filled.  It turns out Ashby did have an ear infection, although it was not too bad yet.  Poor Ashby just wanted to be cuddled by her mommy and spent a good bit of time crying.  We did finally get her settled on the couch, watching a new DVD, and she managed to sleep a little.

So, my day turned into another day with the kids, even if one of them was not feeling well.  Lisa forgot the antibiotic in our refrigerator, so had to come back over later in the evening to get it.  It also gave her a little while to get away and let David take care of Ashby - Brooks was already asleep for the night.  We enjoyed visiting with her for a short while.

I may get my errands done sometime this week, but it is beginning to look questionable!  We will see what tomorrow brings, but it is already looking like a problem!  I still enjoyed my special time with Brooks; not often we are here without Ashby!

No comments: