Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18th - Empty Nesters

I hate it when Mondays are dark and rainy - and that is what we had today.  Even so, I kept busy this morning.  Besides the usual Monday morning recovery, I also had to make sure everything was ready for Empty Nesters FHE this evening.  I put out the St. Patrick's Day decorations on the table.  I know, it is a day late and I am just now putting them out!  It looked good, though!

Then I went to visit one of my sisters at 10:00.  Her husband is recovering from some serious surgery, actually a second go-round, and has been down for about 7 months since the initial surgery.  She also has her father and his partner who need constant care and she spends two days a week with him.  We had a great talk and it was good to see that she is getting strength from the Spirit as she goes through these difficult times.

I was so tired when I got home that I took a rather long nap.  I had trouble getting to sleep last night - I couldn't stop thinking about a dear friend who has had another tragedy in her life.  Then I was up earlier than usual.  I really don't do well without enough sleep!

Then it was time for errands - a trip to the library to return a couple of books and pick up four more that had come in, deposit the group storage order checks in my account so I could pay for the order, pick up something for refreshments for tonight, etc.

Empty Nesters was fun this evening and we had a good turnout.  We had one couple come for the first time and I think they had a lot of fun.  As usual the food was really good and we love to laugh and talk.  The lesson was about the importance of reading every day and we applied that to the scriptures and then made a couple of things to help us remember to read.


No comments: