Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 20th - Change of Plans!

I had a day of errands planned today.  I still haven't made it to the grocery store for some major shopping.  Well, maybe I can do it Friday!  Something better came up.

Lisa called and said her visiting teachers wanted to take her to lunch.  They had tried on her birthday, but sick children had forced a delay.  Today was a good day and they could all make it.  She could have taken the children, but that would not have been nearly as relaxing, so she wondered if I was around.  Needless to say, I told her to bring them right on over!

We had a great time.  They were both so happy and energetic.  We laughed and played and had a great time.  It was getting to be Brooks' nap time when Lisa got back, so she took them back home to sleep.  She had a student coming for a voice lesson a little later and needed to be home, in case Brooks was still sleeping at that point.

Even with all the excitement, I managed to get four loads of laundry done.  I even got it folded and put away while they played in the bedroom with me.  However, when they left and I could have gone to do the errands, I was no longer in the mood.  I did some other things around the house and on the computer and then took a nap myself.

This was a day when I certainly didn't accomplish what had been planned, but what I did was so much better!  I love grandkids!


No comments: