Monday, March 18, 2013

March 17th - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I did wear green today.  I am 1/4 Irish.  The problem with wearing green, though, is that my ancestry is all Irish protestant.  We ought to wear orange.  But, if I did that, no one would know what was going on!  So, since they really were Irish - not English who crossed over and then stayed - I always wear green.

Today was another good Sunday.  Church meetings were all good.  I had to teach the RS lesson at the last minute as the regular teacher was sick.  She had warned me a few days before, but she was hoping she would be better by Sunday.  Unfortunately, she was feeling even worse.  So, we all pitched in and shared our thoughts and ended up with a pretty good lesson - at least I felt good about it.  (I am always prepared enough that I can pinch hit if I have to - one of the blessings of being the education counselor in RS!)

When I got home, I got dinner ready to cook, then had time to take a nap.  I was so into my book that I never did sleep, but it was still restful.  For dinner, we grilled boneless chicken thighs, marinated in teriyaki.  Potatoes were some from my produce box and they were really good.  They were dark red all the way through - looked like beets - tasted like potatoes, but a little bit sweeter than white potatoes.  We also had some fresh spinach, carrots, crescent rolls, applesauce, fresh cucumbers and onions in vinegar, grape tomatoes.  Yummy!

I am loving the time change in the evenings, as it stays light late enough to enjoy.  The kids loved being outside, playing on the hill, throwing balls and just running around. 

Another perfect Sunday!





No comments: