Monday, March 11, 2013

March 10th - Time Change - Hate It!

This morning Daylight Saving Time started, so we all had to lose an hour of sleep.  I hate the spring time change.  It always takes weeks to recover.  However, I love the fact that it is light later in the evening.  I am sorry for the school children who have to wait for buses in the dark, but I still like the change - or at least, once I finally recover, I will!

This was pretty much a regular Sunday, which is always a great day.  Meetings were all good, with great lessons and talks.  When I got home, though, I wanted to sleep!  But first, I made sure everything was ready for dinner, so it wouldn't take long to finish that.  Then I took that nap!

Dinner was London broil - I bought a precooked one since I couldn't find any others.  It turned out to be really good.  Sometimes those precooked meats are seasoned funny, but this one was extremely good.  We just put it on the grill long enough to heat it.  Along with it, we had potatoes, zucchini and onions, a salad, and some muffins.  Very tasty.

A little later, Ethan from next door, rang the doorbell and wanted to know if Ashby could play.  It was such a beautiful day that we let them all go out in the backyard where they had a ball.  We got the bubble maker out again and they also took the small bottles and blew some bubbles of their own.  They had more fun.  They also played in the playhouse a lot, with the ice cream dishes, pretending it was an ice cream store.

As it started to get cool, we went back in the house and Ethan went home.  Because of the time change, they were not ready for bed quite so early, so they were able to stay around until later.  We all had a fun day.  I think everyone got a nap, too!

1 comment:

tappingflamingo said...

I've never liked Daylight Savings Time. We lived in Indiana for about 5 years, and during that time they didn't change their clocks. LOVED IT! Just before we moved, they started to do the DLS thing. I think everyone should just leave the clocks alone!