Monday, March 4, 2013

March 3rd - Happy Sunday!

I keep repeating that Sunday is my favorite day of the week - but it is!  Church meetings today were especially good.  There were some wonderful testimonies, especially from young people.  The gospel principles lesson was on prayer and that is always a great topic.  I taught the lesson in RS, which was the 3rd chapter of Daughters in My Kingdom.  I thought it went really well and there was a great spirit there.  Then again, when talking about the pioneer women, how could it be any different!

When I got home, I pulled together everything for dinner - put the ribs in a low oven to pre-cook, washed and cut potatoes to boil, got the fresh broccoli cut and ready to cook, apples sliced and ready to cook, frozen bread was already out. 

Then I thought I would get a quick nap before the kids came.  I rested a little, but didn't get to sleep.  Then it was time to start things cooking so everything would be close to ready when they got here.  Once they arrived, Bill put the ribs on the grill for a few minutes with the barbecue sauce.  Lisa and I finished setting the table, and we were ready to eat!  Everyone was really hungry - especially Brooks!  He ate a huge helping of potatoes, along with some other things.  Dinner turned out good.

After dinner, we just relaxed and talked and watched the kids.  They were both rather tired, so they didn't stay as late as usual.  It was still fun and we had a great afternoon.

This evening was an openhouse for a young woman in our ward who is leaving for her mission this week.  I had planned to go, but by then I was feeling pretty tired and headachy.  This darn cold just won't let go!  By the time I finished my lesson this morning, I was getting hoarse.  Bill went over to represent us and said it was really nice.

So, another wonderful Sunday - and me to bed early!

No comments: