Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 1st - New month! Same old cold!

I think I may have over done it yesterday - at least I haven't felt so good today!  The cold seems to be getting better, or at least it did until it decided to settle in my sinuses.  I have had a headache of doom all day - even with meds.

I did the normal morning routine, but by 10:00 or so, I finally gave in and went to rest a bit, read a few minutes, and fell asleep for a couple of hours!  I woke up when Bill got home at noon.  I do know I am much better, though, because when he mentioned going out for lunch, I said yes.  We went to Red Lobster and had a very nice lunch.

When we got back home, I worked on a few more things, including getting the RS email finished and sent out.  I figured with that morning nap, I would be good for the day, but by late afternoon, I gave in again.  The headache just wouldn't go, so I rested some more.  This time I mostly read, just dozed a bit.  I do believe that the best medicine for a cold is rest, but this is a bit ridiculous - two naps in one day!

There was a Friends of Scouting dinner at church this evening to raise funds for the BSA.  I decided to stay home since I could hardly talk and still had the headache.  Bill went, ate the spaghetti, and gave our donation.  I did a few more things, then went back to bed around 8:00 to read some more.  I think I am actually feeling better tonight.  The headache is still there, but has eased.  I think the hoarseness was just caused by the sinus drainage, so I am hoping that is a sign that things are clearing out and will soon be normal.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: