Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jun 18th - What Happened to my Stay At Home Mondays?

Most of my Mondays are stay-at-home affairs - getting the house straight after the "wild" weekend, catching up on stuff, etc.  It didn't happen today!

Since the kids didn't come over yesterday, because we were all at Aunt Joyce's, there wasn't much to do around the house.  I had several computer things to handle in the morning, including planning a trip to CVS to pick up some specials. 

I was just finishing that up when Lisa called and said they were heading to Catch Air and did I want to come.  You don't ask me twice if I want to spend time with the grandkids, so I was on my way.  They have more fun at that place, both of them running, jumping, sliding, laughing, and having a ball.  It helps to have two adults there, since they go in different directions!  Ashby is pretty independent, but it is still good to keep an eye on her.  Brooks has to be watched constantly.  It was a lot of fun.

After an hour or so of playing, we went across to the Chik Filet for some lunch.  The kids were both very tired, so after lunch they headed home for some naps. 

I, on the other hand, decided to get my shopping done while I was out anyway.  My first stop was CVS, where I picked up a basket full of specials; with coupons and Extra Bucks, I saved $36.25.  Plus I received $18 in new Extra Bucks to use the next time I come.  Not too bad for someone who can't get into couponing.  I then made a stop at Kroger to pick up a few things that we needed and then headed for home.  With all of that, I still forgot to deposit the checks in my purse, so I will need to make a trip back to the bank sometime this week.

I was just putting things away at home when the RS president called.  She was going to visit one of the new sisters in the ward and wanted to know if I would like to come with her.  She picked me up a little after that and we visited Kendra and spent perhaps an hour with her.

By the time I got home, I was tired!  I had been on the run most of the day.  Fortunately, Melanie gave me a pan of dinner, so I wouldn't have to cook (like I cook much anyway!)  We have a friend who does catering and there had been a surplus prepared and she had brought some of the unopened pans home and we each got one.  So dinner was warmed over grilled chicken, spaghetti with a tomato and spinach sauce, and green beans.  It was really good!

Thus, my quiet day turned into a bit of a whirlwind, but it was a great day.  No regrets, except that I didn't touch my family history stuff - maybe tomorrow.

No comments: