Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jun 13th - Day with the Kiddos!

I am really limping around with my knee.  It got worse as the day went on, but I figure that all a doctor would say is RICE - so I am trying that on my own for a few days.  There isn't any pain except when I stand or try to walk.  I figure it is probably a lateral pull and will need a few days to repair itself.  It obviously isn't anything all that serious.

Even so, when Lisa called and said let's do lunch, I was there!  We had taken the car in to get it serviced and the battery changed, so Bill dropped me off at Mimi's to meet up with Lisa.  He was working at home - finally changing out the garbage disposal that has been seriously leaking for a while.  I had one of the Mimi coupons for a free entre with the purchase of an entre, so that is a good way to do a nicer lunch.  The kids were both really good.  They both had mac and cheese and ate a ton.  Brooks eats so much now that he can't share with Ashby anymore. 

After lunch, Lisa had to bring me back home and they just stayed so Brooks could take his nap here.  While he napped, for 2 1/2 hours, Ashby played outside in the little pool.  She had a bunch of Barbie dolls, and one Ken, and played with them in the water for a couple of hours.  She gets so lost in her imagination - it is fun to watch.  Lisa and I just sat out there and talked.  We don't get a lot of just chatting time with the kids around, so it was enjoyable.

When they called that the car was ready, Lisa and Bill went out to get it and Ashby and I kept playing.  We had gone in the house and were resting on the couch when Lisa got back.  Brooks slept the whole time and finally woke up shortly after she got back.  They then had to head for home to get dinner, etc.  It was a really fun day.

After they left, I worked on my Swedish documents a little and got through another one.  I have more details to add to my family tree now.  It is so fun!


No comments: