Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sept 30th - Visiting Teaching on the Last Day of the Month!

My day started as a normal Monday, but since the kids didn't make it over yesterday, there was less straightening to do.  I did finally figure out a spot for the popcorn machine in the kitchen.  I moved the bakers rack into the dining room and put the popcorn machine in its place.  I will give it a while and see how I like it.  I also turned the table so it goes the other direction.  I don't know why I never thought of that before.  It makes much more room.  Again, we will see how we like it.

I had to visit tech the last of my sisters today.  I don't like "last day of the month" visits, but this was the day that worked best for her.  We had a great visit.  That means I was able to visit three of the four again this month.  I am not sure what I am going to do about my fourth one, but I haven't given up yet!

I spent most of the rest of the afternoon working on family history - some on my class for Wednesday and some on the training manual, trying to get more proficient in FamilySearch.  I did manage to squeeze in a short nap later in the afternoon.

This evening, I was having a bowl of popcorn (I have a popcorn machine now, you know!) and reading while Bill was watching a baseball game or something when a friend dropped by.  He was bringing us four grocery bags of day lily bulbs.  His wife had dug all theirs up to separate and she had a huge excess and offered them to me.  I took them, of course.  He came in for a few minutes and we had a fun chat with him.

Later, as I was about to hop into bed, Billy called.  He had called on his dad's birthday, but missed him, so had planned to call back and finally got to it.  We talked a few minutes and then I let him talk to Bill.  He sounded good.


No comments: