Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oct 5th - First Day of General Conference

I started my morning as a normal Saturday, doing the normal cleaning things, like dusting, striaghtening, more laundry, etc.  I also fixed a pot of soup from a mix that I had been given, confetti lentil soup.  I added the chicken and tomatoes and it turned out pretty good.  I had thought it would be an easy thing to eat whenever.

When I finally got to the computer, I kept busy most of the rest of the morning.  Big surprise - I was working on the training manual for FamilySearch.  I passed the mid-point, page 100, but the last part gets into the more complicated stuff. 

At noon, I switched to the TV to watch the first session of conference.  As usual, it was very good.  I am going to skip the summary of the talks, though.  After the session, I had a bowl of the soup and some toast and then went to take a short nap.  I woke up to discover that I had missed the first 40 minutes or so of the afternoon session.  I watched the rest of the session, though.

Then I was back on the computer, doing pretty much the same stuff.  I have such a pile of things to do that I keep putting off - always it is, maybe tomorrow!

For the first time, the Priesthood session of conference was carried on BYU-TV, so I watched that also.  Bill went to the church to watch.  I enjoyed that session, too.

By the time Bill got back home, I was curled up in bed with my book.  Tomorrow will be the rest of the conference.  I should have made better plans for dinner for tomorrow, but I didn't.  I think we will just have soup and BLT's and goodies.  I shall worry about it tomorrow!

No comments: