Saturday, October 5, 2013

Oct 4th - Family History Day, It Seems

Today was really a stay-at-home day - I didn't even leave at all.  Of course, I love days like this, so I am not complaining.  Actually, there were things I needed to go out to do - maybe tomorrow!

Other than a little straightening and 3 loads of laundry, I spent most of the day doing things related to family history.  The big accomplishment was going through the huge pile of filing and getting it all filed in the right places and making new files related to my calling.  Now I am a little more organized, but still not like it should be.  I worked some more on the training manual.  It is 200 pages, so it will take a while to get through.  I also had several emails to send out.  Then I printed out the first lesson for the Sunday class and watched a couple of the videos that go with the first lesson.  I am hoping we will be able to start that class by the first week in November.  There were other things, too, but those are the biggies, I guess.

I did reach an exhaustion point this afternoon and took a short nap.  I couldn't go back to sleep again this morning when Bill got up for seminary.  I am so glad this is the last day he has to do it.  The regular teacher will be back on Monday.

Bill got home early enough to get a nap and then he tackled the yard - mowing, trimming, etc.  It looks much better now.  Then it was shower and collapse in the chair to "watch" the baseball playoffs.  The truth is he was asleep within minutes!  I had some pop corn and then headed to bed to read a while.

What a great day.  I suppose I will have to some actual work around here tomorrow. 

No comments: