Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 6th - Second Day of General Conference

General Conference Sunday is always a little different than normal.  This morning, I made sure plans were together for lunch - we are having the homemade soup I made yesterday, BLT sandwiches, deviled eggs, chips with guacamole, and lots of desserts!  That will be easy to get out between conference sessions. The rest of the morning, I was working on the computer, again mostly on family history stuff. 

The kids showed up just before conference started at noon.  We settled in to watch the first session, which had its moments of chaos thrown in with Ashby and Brooks.  Then we had our dinner break.  Shortly before the second session started, Lisa and family took off for home.  Brooks had not napped and they wanted to be home to get him down early.  We then watched the second session in quiet.

The whole conference has been really good.  I know there are some things that will be talked about a lot in the coming months.

I spent the rest of the evening working on family history and then headed for bed and a book rather early, as I was exhausted!

No comments: