Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oct 7th - Slow Start to a New Week

Some Mondays are just frumpy - and this seems to be one.  I did a few things around the house what with things less than perfect after a Sunday with family.  I spent a good bit of time on the computer.  I had several things that I had been putting off that I got done.  Plus, of course, I spent time on studying the FamilySearch manual and just doing some of my family history, as well.

In between, I talked my friend on the phone for a while.  She had thyroid surgery a week ago and this was our first chance to get caught up.  I had planned to go by to visit, but she had a doctor's appointment because of a bad reaction to some ointment they had given her.  She seems to be doing quite well, but recovery from surgery is never fast.  The good news is that there is no sign of malignancy.

I did get out of the house long enough to make a trip to the library to return a book, pick up one that had come in, and get some books on CD for Bill to listen to in the van.  I find it really hard to pick out books for him, though, since we have such different tastes.  I am quite sure that he will not like some of them, so I got three, hoping at least one would do.  If not, he can go to the library on his own.

I also slipped in a very short nap this afternoon. 

So how did that little bit of stuff take all day?  Because it was just a frumpy day, I guess.  I was moving slow or something.  Here's hoping my least productive day of the week is finished.  I would hate to think that I could have a day with even less accomplished!

No comments: