Monday, July 8, 2013

July 7th - St. Augustine Day 2

I woke up early, so slipped out of the condo to walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise.  There was a misty, light fog which gave everything an ethereal look.  The sun came up behind the mist, but it was so think that I could see the whole sunrise.  It was really beautiful. 

Forty-five minutes later, I was back at the condo and out on the porch with my computer.  It wasn't too long before everyone else was up.  Brooks had been awake since 4:45, so he was getting antsy.  They decided to head out to the beach early and I headed to the pool.  I took up my usual spot - on a lounge chair by a table with an umbrella.  It was a perfect Florida day - hot, sunny, not a cloud!

When they got back from the beach, Ashby came out to the pool to join me.  She and I had a great time swimming.   She is turning into a little fish and is so proud of how well she is doing.  Eventually, it was time for some lunch, so we went in around 1:00.  After lunch, everyone was so tired that it was nap time.  Ashby hopped on my bed with me and promptly fell asleep.  I rested a little and then came out on the porch to the lounge chair to read.

Later, Lisa, Brooks and I made a Target run.  We had a couple of items that we needed, including some sand toys.  We got back in time to head over to Judy and Greg's condo for dinner.  It was fun having everyone together for the first time.  It is a smaller group this year, but still very lively! 

We ended the evening by swimming at the club pool.  Ashby and Brooks are beside themselves with excitement over being here. 

We failed to make it to church this morning, but we have had a good day anyway.  It is always hard the first morning and we just couldn't get it together.

No comments: