Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 26th - Pool Party!

One of the sister that I visit teach has a pool at her home and when I contacted her about coming to visit, she called back and said come to the pool.  It turns out she and her companion had invited their sisters to come for pizza and a swim and invited me to come too and to bring the grandkids.  So that is just what we did!

The first part of my morning was just routine stuff.  Then Lisa and the kids got here and played a little before we headed over to Mary's.  They were so excited.  It has been exactly a week since their last day in the pool in Florida and they were ready to do it again.  It turned out to be a nice group and we all enjoyed it.  I had a chance to chat with a couple of the other sisters, too, so that was enjoyable.  After the pizza, we had to leave.  The kids were really tired and Lisa had a dentist appointment.

The kids stayed here while Lisa went on to her appointment.  She put Brooks down as soon as we walked in the door and he ended up sleeping for four hours.  Yes, he was definitely tired!  Ashby and I played Barbie's for a while, then she got the mini-Ipad and laid on the couch to watch a video.  She didn't sleep, but she was certainly worn out.

When Lisa got back, Brooks was still sawing logs, so she ended up napping on the couch, too.  Meanwhile, I was doing some things on the computer, like getting the weekly RS email out.

When they left, I fixed myself some dinner, did a few more odds and ends that hadn't been finished.  Bill was late getting home from work, so I was curled up in bed with a book.

What a fun day!

No comments: