Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 22nd - Hit the Road Running!

Well, I couldn't put it off any longer - today was back to real life.  I had to finish the unpacking, run to the library and the grocery store, and do a ton of things at the computer, related to both RS and some personal things.  I was on the go most of the day, but managed to lie down for a short while in the late afternoon.  I didn't sleep, but I read a little and that helped.

Then I made a Johnnycake for Empty Nesters this evening.  I think johnnycakes are usually fried like pancakes, but this recipe was baked in the oven in a large jelly roll type pan.  It actually turned out pretty good.  We all did pioneer recipes for the refreshments and chose our items off a sheet that was handed out last time.  We watched the movie "Legacy" and did a pioneer trivia quiz which was lots of fun.

By the time we got back home, we were both beat.  Getting back to real life is hard!

No comments: