Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 20th - Heading Home

Not much of excitement today - actually a little depressing!  We got up, packed, and loaded the van, and were off by 10:00.  The drive home was not too bad, although we ran into a traffic jam coming across I-10 and another one north of Macon. 

Fortunately, it was a cloudy morning, which made it a little easier to pull away.  We had some rain on the way home, mostly between Valdosta and Macon and it was pretty heavy at times.  But, we made it through.  We stopped for lunch and again for gas.  We also had a good Connally mystery that we listened to on the way.  It makes the time go much faster.

With the delays, we didn't get home until around 6:00.  We unloaded what we could and then made a run over to Lisa's when they got home, as we had most of their stuff in the van.  The kids are so excited to be home.  Ashby was up in her room playing with her Barbie dolls and Brooks was out in the sandbox.  Didn't he get enough sand the last two weeks?  Guess not!

We stopped for Mexican on the way home and then unloaded the rest of our stuff that had been buried.  I started to put things away and then decided I wasn't in the mood!  I only unpacked the things I needed.  I will worry about it all later.

I am glad we got home safely.  It has been a wonderful two weeks and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I am not sure I am going to be able to get myself back to facing all the things that are on my agenda this coming week.  I have to admit I am feeling a little depressed!

No comments: