Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 2nd - Day at the Temple!

It has been months since I have been to the temple.  I usually go at least a couple of times a month, but I don't think I have made it since April.  Some of that was because I was out of town - Iowa, Florida - and have had company, but the truth is that on some weeks when I could have worked it in, I just haven't.  No good excuse - other than lazy, I guess.

This morning, I picked up a friend at 8:30 and we went down together.  We were able to do one session.  It felt good!

When I got home, I fixed some lunch, then took a short nap.  By 3:30, it was time to leave again.  This time Bill and I both went.  We picked up Corey, who stayed with us over the weekend, at his hotel, along with a couple that is also here for the convention.  We were able to make the 6:00 session.  I feel like I have redeemed myself a little by going twice in one day!

We stopped at the Varsity on our way to take them back to their hotels.  Bill always wants everyone visiting to experience the Varsity!  They all loved it - or at least they pretended that they did!  Then we dropped them off, headed back home to drop me off, and then Bill headed out to the church to catch the end of the bishopric meeting.

What a wonderful day!  When all the summer craziness is over, I plan to make a better effort to get back into my regular temple routine.

No comments: