Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 7th - What a Busy Day!

I hit the ground running this morning, as I had my day pretty packed.  Besides trying to do the last minute straightening around the house, I had to fix a dinner for a family for tonight.  I ended up heating up a ham, boiling some good potatoes and steaming some sliced carrots. 

When I got the meal packed up, I had to run by to pick up a couple of frozen meals from the RS president.  Then I had to go by and pick up the sister missionaries, who wanted to go with me.  The sister we were going to visit is deaf and they both sign a little.  She broke both bones in her leg about a month ago and is confined to bed for seven weeks!  Because she is deaf, she attends our ward (the designated deaf ward) even though she actually lives outside of the ward boundaries.  That was why the missionaries couldn't just drive down to see her themselves - they cannot drive out of their district.  Anyway, we had a very nice visit with her.

After dropping the missionaries back at their apartment, I came home and did a few more odds and ends.  Bill had a quick estimate this morning, so he was already home when I made it back and had been doing some extra cleaning - like the vacuuming, which I rarely do.  He also had time to do some yard work.

Then we headed off to the airport to pick up my college roommate and her husband, who are in town for a welding convention.  Timing worked out so we were able to just pull up to baggage claim and pick them up.  It is so fun to see them.  We stopped at Red Lobster on the way home to have a nice dinner.  They had not eaten since early morning and were starving - as were we, actually.

We stayed up for a while talking and catching up.  It is so fun to have them here.  They will stay the weekend and then on Sunday we will take them to their hotel.  We are looking forward to a great weekend!

No comments: