Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 14th - On the Go Today

I started my morning at home, doing laundry, changing sheets, and the other usual things.  I was in the process of emptying the dishwasher when I got a call from one of the sisters in the ward.  She had talked to me at church about getting some help with her family history and I had told her to call when she wanted me to come.  Well, it turned out that today was a good day for her.

So I went on over to her house about noon and we spent the next three hours working on her family history.  She is trying to learn FamilySearch family tree and I think we covered enough there so she can do it on her own now.  She is from Chile, so her research is different than what I am used to doing.  She actually had some good stuff already, but had one line that she needed help with.  We got that added and also found several new documents.  She was very excited! 

On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store and did some shopping.  We were out of the basics like milk, bread, yogurt, and some other things.  I spent about $100 - these days that isn't that many bags of groceries!  Anyway, I got them carried in and put away.

I had just gotten the laundry out of the dryer and the wet load into it when Bill got home.  I hadn't realized I had spent my whole day already!  I worked some on the lesson I have to sub for in Relief Society on Sunday, had a grilled cheese and tomato soup, and relaxed a little before curling up with my book.

It has been a busy day, but a great one.  It is always fun to help people with family history!

No comments: