Friday, November 28, 2014

November 27th - Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving Day started off quiet and lazy.  I did do a few loads of laundry and I had to make the sweet potatoes for dinner, but otherwise I mostly worked on the genealogy for my friend.  I found more things and had a lot of fun doing it!

In the afternoon, we headed over to Bill's sister Hazel's house for dinner.  Lisa and family came, as well, so there were nine of us for dinner.  We were all able to sit around the one table and we had a great time.  The food was good, but the best part was telling old stories and laughing together.  We really enjoyed it.  It has been a while since we had that kind of day with Hazel, John, and Joy and it turned out wonderful.  The kids had a fun time, too.  Ashby loved the dog and spent a good bit of time on the floor, petting and hugging her.  She also loved all the different doors in the house.  She said it was a "fun" house.  After dinner, they went outside and played in the backyard.  I was afraid they would be bored with no other children and in a place they were unfamiliar with, but they totally enjoyed their day, too.

A good Thanksgiving Day reminds me of so many things to be thankful for.  Life is hard sometimes - but the blessings far outweigh the struggles. Today, we were reminded of family love and the joy of being together and laughing together! 

No comments: