Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 19th - A Day of Adventures!

Being Wednesday, this was Family History Center Day.  Being the 3rd Wednesday, it was also Genealogy Study Group.  I picked my friend up and we got to the church about 9:30, so we could start setting things up. 

The meeting went well.  The last part, we divided into two groups to work on computer related things.  Half the group came into the FHC to learn about the Premium Websites.  There were more than 8 people (the number of computers we have), but they shared as we went over the list of sites.  Then they had some time to work on their own.  There were lots of questions and some excited people who found things.  It was definitely not a quiet day for Phyllis and I!

When we finished up at the church, we headed out for lunch at Firehouse Subs.  I love their hot subs!  As we were driving out of the parking lot, a car backed right into the side of my car.  Fortunately, I was driving very slowly or it could have been worse.  As it is there are marks on the passenger side back door where the back of the SUV hit it.  We ended up wasting about 45 minutes while we waited for the police officer to come and prepare the report.  She was at fault, but it is still an irritation.  Hopefully, her insurance will come through quickly.

By the time I got home, it was mid-afternoon.  I had a few things to get done at home and then I was just plain tired!  I relaxed and watched a show and then I was back on the computer.  The rest of the day was pretty ordinary. 

No comments: