Friday, November 21, 2014

November 20th - No Art Class, But I Still Got Ashby!!

The kids have been fighting a virus over the last week or so.  Ashby got it last and they thought she was better, but during the night she had more coughing and light fever.  So, Lisa called her friend and said it probably wouldn't be a good idea to be exposed during art class.  Ashby still wanted to come to Grandma's house, so Lisa dropped her off and then went out to run some errands.  She came back after Brooks finished Joy School.  Abby was so disappointed to miss another art class, that we just rescheduled it for Monday.  So Ashby just played - mostly with the new Barbie knock-offs that I bought earlier in the week.  She did rest a little and watched some My Little Pony episodes on TV.  Needless to say, it was fun having her here. By the time Lisa and Brooks got back, Ashby was just cuddling in my lap and wanting her back rubbed.  I hope she is better by tomorrow, but she is clearly not herself today. 

When they left, I had some of the usual things to do around the house.  I had three loads of laundry that I had started first thing and needed to finish.  I worked on my May presentation a little, trying to get the format figured out.  Then I will have to teach myself Power Point. 

I got so tired in the late afternoon that I actually went in and took a nap - first one all week, but I guess it finally caught up to me.  It was a very nice nap, I must say!  It even gave me enough energy to actually cook some dinner.


No comments: