Monday, November 3, 2014

November 2nd - Start of a New Week

So the countdown to the holidays officially begins!  At least today was a wonderful day.  They will get more and more hectic as the next few weeks roll along.

The time changed this morning, so we woke up earlier than usual - well, not really, but the clock said we did.  Our morning was the usual - working on lessons, getting dinner put together, etc.

My class went well today.  They have a lot of questions and we spent some time answering those.  The lesson was good and my story emphasized the point, so it all worked out.  We even had enough time to get onto FamilySearch and do a little more editing.

When we got home, I got the rest of dinner going.  There was a pot roast in the oven with potatoes, carrots, green peppers, onion, mushrooms and garlic.  I also had other fresh vegetables that would be going bad, so I steamed a basket of broccoli, brussels sprouts, and green beans.  I also had a loaf of frozen bread dough.  All I had to do to finish dinner was steam the veggies and bake the bread.

Lisa and Brooks didn't come, since Brooks was napping.  We had a good time with David, Venett, and Ashby, though.  I think she enjoyed being the only one to get all the attention and she really did entertain us.  She played waitress to take orders for our desserts.  She even got a towel to hang over her arm, so she was totally in character!  Then she played Primary and set up a tray table and microphone and gave us some talks.  Very cute.  She and her daddy played Heart & Soul on the piano for us - several times.  She also had us put on some Broadway music and she did her ballroom dancing with her daddy.  She had all the attention!!

I always say that I love Sundays, and today proved just why!

No comments: