Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 7th - Rainy Days and Mondays!

We woke up to plenty of rain this morning - and it continued most of the day.  We even had a good spell of lightening and thunder.  Our side yard looked like a river.  So, on a rainy Monday, what is one to do?  Well, nothing, of course!

And that is pretty much what I did - nothing.  Well, there are always a few things that have to be done - empty the dishwasher, straighten a little, make the bed, etc.  Other than those few things, I pretty much was at the computer working on family history a good part of the day.  I was checking the documents I have found for my grandfather's siblings, hoping to get everything posted in all the right places.  I was making pretty good progress, too.  I had finished the oldest sister, her husband, and their first child.  Then, when I started on the second child, I found a new document.  I had already checked and downloaded everything I could find for the whole family over the last couple of weeks, so this was supposed to be just a quick finishing up of details.  Well, the new document provided some missing information, which opened up a ton of information.  I spent the rest of my time working through all of that.  It was all good information and finding a document image is always the preferred way - and I really am happy that I have been able to fill in so much missing information about her.  However, it sure put a stop to my quick finishing up.  Instead of finishing several of the siblings, I am still on the first!  I am not sure whether to be irritated or excited - well, actually, I am excited.  But I really like to finish things off, so who knows when I will get it done now.

With all the rain and thunder storms, and it being Monday and all, I finally decided that I needed to spend some time reading and in bed.  I ended up reading for an hour or more and then fell asleep for half an hour.  It was the perfect thing to do on a day like today.

No comments: