Monday, April 7, 2014

April 6th - General Conference Sunday

I always love Sundays - best day of the week.  And the best ones of the year are General Conference Sundays.  Today was no exception.  It was a great day.

I fixed some french toast for breakfast, which was more like brunch.  Then, I got dinner ready - the ribs in the oven and the baked potatoes and butternut squash ready to go at the right times.  I also got the frozen bread rising.  Everything else had been done yesterday.  Then I was able to spend some time working on family history.  I am back to working on my grandfather's siblings.  I have all of her documents done and just need to make sure everything about her family is recorded everywhere.  (One of the negatives about having information in more than one place is that you have to make sure everything gets recorded.  But, I like having my Roots Magic, Ancestry, Family Search trees and a paper and a computer file.  Very redundant, but also useful.)

Then it was time for the first session of conference, which we very much enjoyed.  When it finished, I stuck the last of dinner into the oven, planning to eat in about an hour.  Lisa had called and they weren't sure when they would make it over because of Brooks' nap.  When everything was done, we went ahead and ate.  It was so good!  Later, we all had strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Yummy!

Just as the second session was starting, Lisa texted to say they were on their way.  Of course, once they arrived, there was no longer any sitting quietly to watch conference!  They got their dinner and the kids were full of energy, having both napped.  The session was on the TV, and we watched bits and pieces, but it was being recorded, so I will watch the complete session tomorrow.  We had a great time with them.  David and Bill worked a long time on getting his new Ipod running and loaded with music.  It was his Christmas present, but he couldn't figure out how to do it.  He is now very happy!

The kids played all their usual things and had more fun.  We even had a little percussion band, with harmonica played by Brooks and Ashby at the piano.  Very interesting, I must say.  Ashby found the game "Bed Bugs" in the closet and brought that out to play.  Brooks loved it, so we listened to that noisy thing for a long time.  He was so funny - cheering every time he caught a bedbug.

Eventually, they had to go home and it turned way too quiet again.  Well, only six months until we get to repeat Conference Sunday!

No comments: